List of Directors

Celtic Media Group is owned and managed by its Irish management team – arising from a management buy-out of the company in June 2012 from its former Scottish group of investors, which was facilitated by Lloyds Banking Group. The three board directors are Frank Mulrennan (Chief Executive Officer); Frank Long (Group Finance Director) and John Wood (Chairman – Non-Executive) who account for 75% of the equity. The remaining 25% is shared by the management team.

Celtic Media Group Directors

Frank Mulrennan (53) Chief Executive Officer

Director Image - Frank Mulreann

Frank was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Celtic Media Group in 2010, and has been with the company since 2005. Frank and his two co-directors led the management buyout of the company in June 2012. His background is in journalism, starting with RTE Radio, then working with Independent News & Media for 18 years, initially as agriculture editor; then business editor and associate editor with the Irish Independent before being appointed managing director of the regional newspaper subsidiary, Drogheda Independent Group, in 2000. Frank was awarded an M.Sc. in Management Practice from Trinity College Dublin in 2004. He was a director of the inaugural Press Council of Ireland (2008-2012) and has served as President of the Regional Newspapers Association of Ireland.

Frank Long (50) Finance Director -

Director Image - Frank Long

Frank, who is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, joined Celtic Media Group in 2008 as Group Finance Director. Prior to joining CMG, Frank worked in senior financial positions across a number of industries including financial services (GE Capital), motor (Renault) and agriculture (IAWS). He also spent a number of years working with investment firms specialising in commercial property and early stage software companies. Frank has a strong IT background, trained as computer auditor with PWC and has implemented new IT solutions in many companies.

John Wood (59) Chairman (Non-Executive)

Director Image - John Wood

John was appointed Chairman of Celtic Media Group in June 2012, as part of the management buyout of the company. He is a specialist independent Turnaround Director, based in Derbyshire, England and was initially introduced to CMG by Lloyds Banking Group. A metallurgist by background, John has previously worked as a consultant with Deloitte in restructuring and operations; as a managing director in the packaging, print and point-of-sale industry (18 years) and since 2007 has been advising companies across varied sectors in turnaround strategies.

Website Development by Vuepoint Ltd